I found doing this so fun and exciting, as well highly motivational - After all, it is important to be fully aware that in order to travel and explore all these fascinating, beautiful, unique or extraordinary places, one must be well enough to do so...and also, of course, the expereince will never, ever be fully enjoyed if you are still holding on to your eating disorder. And this is something which I am constantly reminding myself of, as I look toward the summer ahead of me and all the lovely plans I have made. I know, that if I let that Voice in my head control me, dictate my every move...then instead of laughter and joy and that pure, unbroken, true happiness which makes your heart sour within your chest and a rosy glow spread over your cheeks...no, in replacement of that there will be anxiety, apprehension, tears, and fearfulness. Too many holidays, trips, journeys and special times, have been ruined by my eating disorder...and I never, ever want this to happen, ever, ever again.
So here we go...my own wee (or maybe not so wee.. ;) ) list of the places I want to see before I die:
- Canada. I think the landscape opf this huge country looks absolutely spectacular..the mountains, the forests, the lakes...and then of course there is all the fabulous wildlife to be seen there..moose, wolves, bears, and so much more. I would love love love to bvisit this stunning country <3
- Mallorca..haha I know, I've been here for a few times at this stage. But I will never, ever tire from visiting this stunning island off the coast of Spain. It surely is one of my most favourite places on earth. I literally fell in love with gorgeous Mediterranean scenery...I have a bit of a love relationship with that, ever since I first visited Mallorca. The groves of olive and citrus trees, the goats and cows and sheeps with the little bells around their necks which tinkle softly when they move, the narrow streets of the villages with their tiny bakeries and dainty cafes with the parasols open over each table...all of it just has a quintessential charm which couldnt be found anywhere else on earth <3
- Italy. Italy attracts me for many reasons of course. The historical stuff, the landscape, the weather, the mountains and the cities and the heavenly ice creams. Italy just has it all really it seems. ;)
- Florida. Well of course...Disneyland Orlando...I have dreamed of going there ever since I was a little girl. I am an avid Disney fan after all, and I just, well, love rollercoasters, haha. And there really is something magical about Disneyland....an enchanted sort of feel which simply can't be found in any other place in the world <3
- Germany. I've never been to Germany but again, it looks so fascinating. I particularly would love to see the beautiful fairytale Castles there (as you all know I am a bit of a medievalist at heart ;) ) and also visit some of the cities such as Munich..and of course a certain special little friend who lives near there.. ;)
- Australia. Again another magnificent country I would love to go to. I would love to swim the sapphire blue waters of the great Barrier Reef and see all the Nemos and Dorys in their natural habitat... ;) and I would love to see Ayers Rock, Sydney, Brisbane and the rainforests. And I'm sure there's loads more to Australia than just that.
- Wales. I've been to the smallest country of the island of Britain a few times, but for fondness for it seems to augment following every single visit. Wales is so, so lovely. I adored the Snowdonia mountains, the quaint little villages, the railways, the splendid castles and fantastic coastal scenery.
- New Zealand. Sofar away, but, having watch the Lord of the Rings and been told it was filmed in New Zealand, I feel compelled to go there for myself. It looks incredible!! And hey there are penguins and kiwis and lots of other animals there <3 it's not a country I know that much about, but still this aura of mystery surrounding it makes me want to go there even more!!!
- Scotland. Again, the history, the landscape, the wildlife. The rugged wildness of the Scottish highlands hold a sort of spellbinding effect over me. And then of course there are lots of castles, lakes, glens, and forests. A breathtaking coastline, a beautiful capital city, hundreds of windswept little isles and islets to explore. It's one gem of a place. <3
- Another dear friend told me about Russia and it also sounds amazing, so I am adding Russia to my list too!
- There are many parts of England that I really want to visit somet ime in the future, too: in particular, Cornwall, Kent, Cumbria. And back to my homeland, too, of course, Kent, the Garden of England <3
- Sweden also looks very aesthetic too. As do all the other Scandinavian countries..ok let's just say I would love to go to all of them!!! :p
- California again..you can never have had enough of the Golden State <3
- Austria also looks really nice and I love the Alpine setting <3