At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Friday 1 May 2015

I want to recover for...

I want to recover for...

For everyone I love, near and afar.

For my Mam

For my family

For all my dear friends across the world <3

For everyone who reads my blog

For others who are suffering from an eating disorder, so that I will be able to reach out and help them, too, and stand as the living proof that recovery is possible...

For Benny, Felix and Maisy

For loved ones I have known and lost

For happiness and freedom

For everyone who has been there for me, along this long, hard, painful journey..

For the hope of a brighter future

For everything that the Voice in my Head took away from me

For the happy, healthy life that I could have been living, that I should be now living.

For the energy to do the things I love.

And, someday, I will realise that I want to recover for myself, too.

never forget...you have so much to recover for. <3 xxx

Over the next few days I am going to reflect on a few things. First and foremost...why I want to recover, and then of course, the fears and anxieities I have surrounding recovery. Then I am going to think about how I want my life to be from this point onwards. 

I hope that by sharing with you my own reasons to recover in my next few posts, you too will realise just how much recovery is worth fighting for, every minute of every hour, of every day...


No comments:

Post a Comment