At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Ripple pud...

another post I dedicate to my mam...and the amazing pud she made me last night :)imageJust three things...that being a big banana (happy days, it was even at the right stage of ripeness...yellow with a wee it if green: for me, that makes an ideal banana. I'm not too keen on overripe bananas...think I'd rather eat a near-green one. ;) ) , lots of custard (Tesco bogstandard...but it's gorg and only 65c a pack :) ) and, of ourse, a whole Galaxy Ripple, which Mam vigorously smashes with a wooden spoon while it's still in its packet, before then opening the paper and letting the wonderful flaky bits of chocolate drizzle aesthetically over the custard. Some bbits melt, others manage to stay whole and maintain their distinctive shard shape. What I always find curious about melting choc is how much less it appears to be when it's melted...and how less time it takes you to eat it, as well. Who would think there is a whole Ripple in that bowl? ;)
Twirl and Flakes are good for this too, of course, though I do think Ripple is my ultimate favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment