At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Thursday 8 January 2015

What do YOU want me to blog about? :)

Another rather random post!!! But I had to ask and I would be so, so pleased if you could perhaps let me know what you think about this :) <3

When I started writing My Cocoa-Stained Apron, I never, ever really expected to get any readers/followers. But contrary to my expectations...I know now, people do read my blog. I have readers...who have become more than just readers to me. rather, I think of you, my readers, as dear, special friends, who motivate me and help me to push myself forward whenever I feel lost or useless or hopeless, or that I really cant' go on.

Anyway, before I get all emotional and gushy again as I normally tend to do!! - I just wanted to put this question out to you all...that question being, as suggested by the title of this post...what do YOU want me to blog about? What posts do you think I should try to write more of...what do you find the most interesting? What kind of blog would you like My Cocoa-Stained Apron to be?

Up to this point, I suppose, my blog has been a bit a sort of hybrid blog in which I share my own favourite baking recipes, while simultaneously recording and reflecting on my experiences of an eating disorder - what I went through when I was sick, the steps I made towards recovery, my own personal thoughts, feelings and fears. yet I today I wondered if there was anything more I could do to improve my blog, to make it more engaging for you. Do you have any advice/thoughts? Or should I pretty much carry on as I have been doing up to this point?

My own stance on it is, well, I think the combination of both culinary and personal works well, and gives me both stimulation and a sense of creativity in organising both. Sometimes I think I would like to do a bit  more work on the baking side of My Cocoa-Stained Apron - along the lines of focusing on experimenting with different recipes traditional to specific countries of the world, sharing my own tips and advice as a baker, etc. But then I sway more towards the concentrating on the part of My Cocoa-Stained Apron which deals with the story and recovery of the girl with an eating disorder. I love writing my baking posts, but at the same time, I find writing about my eating disorder is in itself an enormous help to me in so many different ways - and perhaps to others, too.

As well as my personal posts, I often consider doing posts in which I give advice and so forth...but then I stop myself again ; because I am uncertain as to whether I am in a position to give such advice, since I am not, well,fully  recovered , so to speak. Though perhaps, I still do have something valuable to offer people.

And then of course there is Morokia...would you like to hear more about my trilogy? And if I get round actually writing it...should I include some excerpts on here? :)

And so....what do YOU think? I would be so, so grateful for any comments/advice/thoughts. 

And, as always...Thank you so, so much for reading My Cocoa Stained Apron, everyone <3 You have no idea how much this means to me. :)



4 comments:

  1. I think you're right, I enjoy reading the combination of baking posts and posts about your ED. Though what I would say is that even if you're not fully recovered, you still can give out advice to people who are struggling, maybe you'll have some new ideas on how to cope from personal experience! :) just because you're not recovered doesn't mean you can't give advice to people who are going through similar things! And it would definitely be very interesting to tread more of Morokia!!
    By the way you have such a pretty smile :)
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Olivia thank you so, so much AGAIN for your wonderful advice (as always <3 <3 <3 )!!! I think you are right, and you know, giving advice to others in need is something I would genuinely like to do, and I know, I am much wiser now, and that, since may this year, I have come so far and learnt so much through my experiences. and i will definitely include some posts about Morokia on here!! Oh hun, thank you, the things you say make me want to cry , they are so sweet and kind <3 <3 <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader here! Personally, I think that even though you aren't fully recovered yet your whole attitude towards recovery is a LOT better than some other accounts who have been around for a long time but still aren't recovered (you also seem like a really normal, down-to-earth person which is so refreshing!). You're a fantastic inspiration and role model! I think your advice is great as are your posts about your own journey with an ED. My story is very similar to yours (never got to the point of hospitalization and sort of ignored it for a very long time) so I can really relate to those posts. Also as a North American, I would love some posts about what it's like to live in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Oh, thank you so, SO much for your lovely comment!! I can't express how touched I am by this <3 It really does mean so, so much to me that you took the time to read my post and write this, I honestly can't thank you enough <3 And I would love to write some posts on what it's like to live in Ireland! Again, thank you so, so much for such lovely words! It really means the world to me and I will most certainly take onboard your suggestions on what to blog about. :) <3 x

      Delete