At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Thursday 29 January 2015

To a true friend. xxx


A big hello to all my dear readers :) <3

Today, I just felt compelled to dedicate a post to someone who is one of my biggest ever inspirations.

She has been reading and commenting on my blog for a while now, but even before that, she has helped me in so many countless different ways. She is kind, thoughtful, sweet-natured, gentle hearted. Her goodness and kindness know no bounds. her knowledge and experience has never ceased to inspire and motivate me; as has her own story of having an eating disorder: a story which began, as many our stories do, with suffering and hardship and sadness.

She has given me hope when everything seemed hopeless: when it appeared as if my whole life lay in shattered, broken pieces. She has helped me to wipe away my tears at moments when I was certain they would never stop flowing, and she has made me smile again: smile in the belief that things can and will get better, smile in the face of all my troubles, anxieties and fears; while simultaneously giving me the strength to face those very same fears head on.

She is a true inspiration to me; someone who I look up to and admire enormously; a heroine and a role model, and, above all, a true and very, very special friend.

Click HERE to read her wonderful, beautifully-written and composed, thought-provoking, and truly amazing blog, Free of an Eating Disorder.




2 comments:

  1. Your words are just so incredibly sweet and sincere sounding I want to cry! It means so, so much to me :) I cant wait until we can actually see each other!! And thank you for the lovely compliments about my blog :) Stay strong!! xxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I cant wait too hun, I really cant <3 you are so welcome hun, noone deserves them more and I mean every word I say ! lots of love hun <3 xxxx

      Delete