As I mentioned before afternoon snack is something which I seem to be managing alright ( though I think there is a little more room for improvement, too) but i still do find it hard to have something in the morning. :( Every day I tell myself That I will - 'll have a hobnob with my choccie at half 11; at half 10 I'll do myself some soda bread with plenty of peanut butter... but then the moment comes, and I'm so, so close to actually taking that biccie out the pack or lifting off the top of the bread bin...but then, something holds me back, the anxiety takes over, and though I always, always have my hot chocolate, I equally never can go as far as having something with it, like I would like to. I know some might think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, obsessing over just one snack, but the thing is...it's still a hole in my meal plan. And a little hole, if not fixed or mended in some way, after all..it might turn from a tiny hole to a small gap, and then a small gap to a big tear. And that is something which I don't want to happen, and am determined to prevent with every last bit of strength that I have.
And so, here is yes, yet another list (im sorry, i know this might be getting so annoying at this stage! :p) for Snack ideas!!!:) Hopefully anyone stuck for inspiration might find these useful, too ;)
- Mueslibars ( I got a packet of these in Lidl in Pollenca the first day we got here and I LOVE them!! I am really hoping I can get a similar sort of thing once I get home!! The ones I got over there in Mallorca are almond and hazelnut ones are they are divine! And of course they are awesome with hot choc :p heehee
- Biscuits!! I love biscuits but before the holiday I was sort of avoiding them as well :( but mam bought me some in Mallorca and now I realise just how much I missed them :'(
- Scones - probably one of my favourite ever snacks. I want to give brown scones a go soon, or maybe even cheese ones(i'll share the recipe of course if they're a success ;)
- Rye/soda bread and peanut butter - this would usually be my "safe" option but one which I do genuinely am fond of, though I know I need to push myself and move out of my comfort zone once I get home. And also - I am going to say this RIGHT NOW so I have put it out there and actually force myself to do something about it in the process.
- Rice pudding - Sorry for mentioning the word rain and cold at this time of the year!!! - but I think when autumn does come around like we all know it will, I might have warm rice pudding as a snack as well (either out of a tin or make my own)
- Miller Rice - lived on these at the hospital but haven't had a single one since I left even though I love them!! So I might get some of these in me fridge next time I go shoping (or more likely, the Aldi equivalent!!! :p
- Hot cross buns and teacakes...ok I know it's not Easter but hey, I don't have to put a cross on top on this occasion. Maybe a nice big smiley face instead, and then we will have hot smiley face buns. :p
- Nuts...oh my goodness don't get me started on how fanatical I am about nuts ors you might think that I have gone a bit nutty in the head. :p Roasted, slightly slated cashews are a particular favourite of mine. Though I also love peanuts, pistachios, pecans and walnuts. And they are a great source of protein, too. :)
- a few tablespoons of homemade granola (so good, and if anyone is interested i will share this one, too) with warm milk. mmm
- Crackers and peanut butter...ohhhh this one is SUCH a cracker!!! :p a couple of crackers (I especially like the multigrain ones :) sandwiched together with quite possibly the most divine foodie creation ever invented by mankind...??? so good <3