But you know what, Ed?? I have had enough of living by your rules.
It's time to break those rules and make my own ones, essentially: to start a revolution, to rebel against the Voice that is trying to tie us down with its manipulative, twisted, corruptive, lies.
And so for my post today, I thought I would gather together all of Ed's rules; get them out onto paper, so that they're there, exposed, out in the open - vulnerable. It didnt take me too long to come up with them. Because after all, I know them all too well, I guess...
- You always have to leave something on your bowl/plate/mug.
- You cannot say you are hungry or phrases such as "that looks nice" etc.
- You always have to pick bits off food.
- You always have to spread food around your plate and take tiny mouthfuls.
- You are allowed a teaspoon of peanut butter maximum on toast/bread etc.
- You are not allowed to buy yourself any kind of food when you are on your own in Dublin.
- If you have hot choc mid-morning, you are only allowed cereal or toast for breakfast, not both.
- You are only allowed to put a tiny amount of filling in your sandwiches/rolls at lunch, and if you have more that that then you must compensate later on.
- You cannot have any snacks with your hot choc except maybe (maybe? like, that's a big maybe) a few nuts, or a tiny piece of bread, etc..no scones, biscuits, etc.
- It's impossible for you to follow your meal plan anymore. You have to leave out at least one thing...and the more you do not have, the better.
Emmy's OWN rules...
- Clean my bowl, mug and plate
- If I feel hungry then I can say so - that's perfectly normal!!!
- Don't pick off bits of food - what's the need for that? Unless you've cremated your toast Em there's no need!!
- I don't need to spread out my food, or take tiny mouthfuls. Just eat at speed which is comfortable for me, but not painfully slow.
- I can have as much pb as I like...so in order to break this rule I am going to try and eat 1 and a half tsp of peanut bbutter as a starter, and then increase it a little more if I feel like it, until I feel comfortable in eating as much as I like without guilt.
- I can buy stuff out for myself..if I fancy a hot choc from Butlers when Im walking by then I can go in and get one and enjoy it. (this is a big challenge for me to do - I love going for hot choc with a friend but up till now I would never dream of going in alone and getting one for myself!!)
- Of course I can have hot choc after cereal and toast - thats part of my meal plan and I can do it
- I will put a nice amount of filling in my sandwiches - protein is important for me to have. This is something which I have been managing well over the past few days as Mam has been helping me make lunch - now all I need to do is prove that I can do it alone too.
- I can have a good snack with my hot choc and I am going to vary my snacks depending on what I feel like.
- And I CAN follow my meal plan. It's what my body needs and what I want to do.